About Milton Keynes Children's Contact Centre
What is a Children’s Contact Centre?
A Children’s Contact Centre is a safe, friendly and neutral place,
where children of separated families can spend time with one or both parents
and when appropriate, other family members.
It is a child centre environment that puts the needs of the children first.
Where is Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre?
It is based at:
There are regular bus services Drayton Road connecting the contact centre with Milton Keynes and the main railway station. Details can be obtained here.
Who runs Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre?
Milton Keynes Children's Contact Centre is run by a team of volunteers headed by a volunteer administrator.
The management of Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre is undertaken by Trustees with background in the legal profession, finance and professional child care.
If anyone wishes to contact the Trustees direct, then in the first instance they should write to:
Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre
PO BOX 1549,
Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre is Affiliated to The National Association of Child Contact Centres.
Their web site can be accessed at: www.naccc.org.uk.
Do I have to meet my ex-partner when I attend Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre?
- The Contact Centre staff can deal with the handover of your child so you don’t need to meet your ex-partner
- You need to wait with your child until your ex-partner arrives
- Parents are responsible for their children at all times while at the Centre
- The Contact Centre has a small waiting area if you wish to stay on the premises during your child’s visit
How long can I use the Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre for?
- There is no set rule about the length of time a family can use the Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre
- However it is in everyone's best interest that families move on as quickly as possible
- Some families use the Centre once or twice and decide to move their contact out of the Centre
- Other families may have a court order which specifies the number of visits or it maybe appropriate for the contact to be built up over a few months
- All we ask is that when the Centre is no longer required that the Centre Administrator is advised so that the "place" can be offered to another family
Are There Toys Available at Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre?
- We have a good selection of toys available for young children
- if children attending are 10 years or above it may be advisable for them to bring something with them to play with
Can I Visit Milton Keynes Children’s Contact Centre before we start using it?
- A pre-visit is offered to the resident parent and the children so they are aware of where they will be meeting their absent parent
- A volunteer or the Contact Centre Administrator will be happy to conduct the pre-visit, attendance at which needs to be agreed beforehand with the Contact Centre Administrator
What are the facilities available?
- The Centre is clean, safe and provides space for contact to take place
- There is a small garden and outdoor space, but ball games are not appropriate
- There are ladies, gents and disabled toilets, and baby changing facilities
- Light refreshments are available for a small charge